This area is based on the European Convention on Human Rights. Here is a link to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
As human beings people are entitled to be treated with fairness, decency, and respect. The social authorities (or anyone else) should not subject you to a violation of your human rights. If they do you should take action to obtain justice.
You can report human rights violations to Amnesty International
, the Human Rights Action Center
, or the Human Rights Watch
Here is a link to the European Court of Human Rights
which has information listing your human rights. A summary of your human rights concerning the matter of this website are as follows:
- You have the right to life.
- No one shall be subjected to torture or to inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.
- No one shall be held in slavery or servitude.
- Everyone has the right to liberty and security of person.
- You have the right to a fair trial.
- You have the right to no punishment without law.
- You have the right to respect for private and family life.
- You have the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
- You have the right to marry.
- You have the right to an effective remedy.
- Discrimination against your rights are prohibited.